Happy Friday, June 2nd, 6-1 Families!
It’s hard to believe the school year is coming to a close. This will be our last 6-1 update for the year. Please see the information below for IMPortant ECMS announcements, team announcements, and CORE updates:
- Yearbooks – Pre-ordered yearbooks will be given out to students on Monday, June 5th. There will be a chance for yearbook signing during EE time on Monday and Tuesday. If your student did not pre-order a yearbook but would like one, Ms. Beddoe will be available in the Media Center during EE time on Monday to sell yearbooks. Yearbooks are $45.00. Exact cash may be brought in or a check made out to ‘Jostens’. If you have any yearbook questions or concerns, please e-mail Ms. Beddoe (email@example.com)
- Locker Clean Out and Lock Collection – Students will clean out their lockers on Tuesday, June 6th during EE time. They will also need to return the lock that was issued to them at the beginning of the year. If the lock does not match the one that was assigned or it has gone missing, students will need to pay ECMS $5 to replace the lock.
- Return of Borrowed Materials – Any property that was borrowed from ECMS (library books, textbooks, classroom library books, etc.) needs to be returned by the last day of school. Please check-in with your students about the location of these items.
- Final Report Cards – Final report cards are always mailed home. Please be on the lookout for this envelope within 1-2 weeks of the last day of school.
- Last Day of School Activity – It’s not too late to donate prizes! We still have quite a few students still eligible. We would like to have a silent auction for the students on the last day of school, June 7th. This is an opportunity for students to use the remaining PBIS tickets they’ve earned throughout the year to bid on items. We hope to have a variety of items to bid on. These items could be old or unused items as well. In the past we’ve had items donated like games, outdoor games/activities for the summer, books, inexpensive speakers, art supplies, etc. If you are interested in donating, please contact Mr. Miller.
- Mark your calendars now for our End of the Year Celebration on the last day of school, Wednesday, June 7th beginning at 11:30am in the ECMS Auditorium. We will send home more information and invitations on Friday, June 2nd. Students who will be receiving an award received a GOLD invitation letter in Science today. After the ceremony, you may sign your student out with their homeroom teacher to take them home early or they may stay for the remainder of the school day and report to their electives.
- If you are returning to ECMS next school year, the following dates have been set for Schedule Pick-Up Days in July:
- Tracks 1, 2 & 3 – Friday, July 7th from 1:30pm-3:30pm with the 1st Day of School being Monday, July 10th
- Track 4 – Friday, July 28th from 1:30pm-3:30pm with the 1st Day of School being Monday, July 31st
You can also continue checking the ECMS website for updated information including Team Supply Lists and other important beginning of the year information.
- If your student will not be attending a WCPSS school next year, please e-mail our Data Manager, Shanthi Chundi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
Student’s PowerSchool ID
Student’s Complete Name
Parent’s Complete Name
Where will the student attend for 2017-18
Once again, this is only if you already know that your student will NOT be attending a WCPSS next year.
ELA (Mrs. Gilliland) –Our last media center circulation date is Monday, June 5; students should return all checked-out books to the library then. Newspaper donations are also needed by Monday for a literature activity.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.
Have a great weekend!
Lauren Haynie (LHAYNIE@wcpss.net)
Chad Miller (CMILLER@wcpss.net)
Mike Hayes (MHAYES@wcpss.net)
Margaret Gilliland (MGILLILAND@wcpss.net)