Happy Friday, May 26th, 6-1 Families!
Please see the information below for IMPortant ECMS announcements, team announcements, and CORE updates:
- We are no longer accepting any 4th Quarter work as the deadline was today, Friday, May 26th. Grades will be finalized in PowerSchools next week.
- EOG Testing Schedule – The following is the schedule for the EOGs and NC Final Exams for the 6-1 team.
- Monday, May 29th – Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, May 30th – Social Studies NC Final Exam
- Ways to prepare for the EOGs/NCFEs:
- Good night’s sleep the night before
- A filling breakfast the morning of; we typically eat lunch later on EOG days
- Students may bring highlighters and #2 pencils to use
- Students may bring a book (not on a device) to read silently after they finish their EOGs during the remaining testing time.
- It’s really important that students are ON TIME on testing days! If students arrive too late, they will be asked to remain in the Media Center during the testing session and will have to test on a make-up day.
- Last Day of School Activity – We would like to have a silent auction for the students on the last day of school, June 7th. This is an opportunity for students to use the remaining PBIS tickets they’ve earned throughout the year to bid on items. We hope to have a variety of items to bid on. These items could be old or unused items as well. In the past we’ve had items donated like games, outdoor games/activities for the summer, books, inexpensive speakers, art supplies, etc. If you are interested in donating, please contact Mr. Miller.
Flyer: Give Away for End of Year
Guidelines: 6-1 Give Away Guidelines
- Mark your calendars now for our End of the Year Celebration on the last day of school, Wednesday, June 7th beginning at 11:30am in the ECMS Auditorium. We will send home more information and invitations on Friday, June 2nd.
- If your student will not be attending a WCPSS school next year, please e-mail our Data Manager, Shanthi Chundi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
Student’s PowerSchool ID
Student’s Complete Name
Parent’s Complete Name
Where will the student attend for 2017-18
Once again, this is only if you already know that your student will NOT be attending a WCPSS next year.
Math 6/6+ (Mr. Hayes) – We will be working on a volunteer based ” Building a Robot” cooperative. All other students will be getting a head start on 7th grade introduction activities. It is not too late to bring in material for the Robot activity.
Science (Ms. Haynie) – After the conclusion of the EOGs/NCFEs, students will start to preview some of the science concepts that they will be learning about in 7th grade – Metric Unit, the Atmosphere, and Genetics.
Social Studies (Mr. Miller) – On Tuesday, we take our NCFE for Social Studies. After this, we will begin my end of the year PBL, which is called the Global Challenge, it should be a fun time learning more about issues facing our world.
ELA (Mrs. Gilliland) – We will wrap up the quarter with some creative literacy activities and an end-of year reflection. Our last media center circulation date is Monday, June 5; students should return all checked-out books to the library then.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.
Have a great weekend!
Lauren Haynie (LHAYNIE@wcpss.net)
Chad Miller (CMILLER@wcpss.net)
Mike Hayes (MHAYES@wcpss.net)
Margaret Gilliland (MGILLILAND@wcpss.net)