Happy Friday, March 3rd, 6-1 Families!
We wish you a safe and happy March track out! We will see everyone back on Monday, March 27th.
- Thank you to our 13 wonderful parent chaperones who were able to assist us with our Marbles IMAX field trip on Monday. The students seemed to enjoy the movie and the lab activities associated with it. You guys were a big help and we couldn’t have done it without you so THANK YOU again!
- 3rd Quarter report cards are being handed out during homeroom today. We will ask students place these papers in their homework folders. Please ask to see the report card when you see your student.
- Our last Snow Make-up Day is Saturday, April 1st from 7:00am-11:00am. This makes our track-in week 6 days long.
- ECMS needs you! The ECMS staff will be holding their last professional development Early Release day on Friday, March 24th. We are looking for STEM-related professionals to help us with a networking event we are calling “March Madness”. Please see the two handouts and contact our Mrs. Shandua Ellis (email@example.com) if you are able to help out or know of someone who would be willing to help out.
- Students received information in Science class on last week about ordering a FREE energy-efficient kit for your home from Duke Energy. Please ask your student for this flyer. All of the information about the program is on the flyer. The energy kit is free, no strings attached. We can also earn money for our school and you can have the chance to win $1,000. The easiest way is to sign up at https://myenergykit.org/
- Team Donations: We are in need of college-ruled papers of loose leaf paper as well as #2 pencils. Any donations would be greatly appreciated to get us through the remainder of the year.
- As a team, we would like to remind students of the school and classroom expectations that have been in place since the beginning of July. They have been repeated on a variety of occasions and are found in the ECMS agendas as well as on the ECMS website. We are seeing an increase in the amount of class disruptions, non-compliance and disrespect. Teachers will contact parents/guardians immediately if your student is not following expectations.
- Lastly, we encourage both students and parents to review our teacher websites for lessons, homework, and resources. We update our websites daily and weekly.
Math 6/6+ (Mr. Hayes) – Information on Project for Math is on website. The due date is April 14th and parental signature is required.
ELA (Mrs. Gilliland) – Please encourage your child to continue reading daily over track out. All texts that interest him or her are excellent choices! Reading aloud is also a great way to practice fluency skills over the break.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.
Have a great weekend!
Lauren Haynie (LHAYNIE@wcpss.net)
Chad Miller (CMILLER@wcpss.net)
Mike Hayes (MHAYES@wcpss.net)
Margaret Gilliland (MGILLILAND@wcpss.net)