Happy Friday, February 3rd, 6-1 Families!
Here are the important announcements for the upcoming week:
- Spring pictures will be taken on Monday, February 6th. Students should wait until that Monday to bring their money in. The money will be handed directly to the photographer on that day. Only students who bring in money will be allowed to sit for a picture.
- As a team, we would like to remind students of the school and classroom expectations that have been in place since the beginning of July. They have been repeated on a variety of occasions and are found in the ECMS agendas as well as on the ECMS website. We are seeing an increase in the amount of class disruptions, non-compliance and disrespect. Teachers will contact parents/guardians immediately if your student is not following expectations.
- 3rd Quarter interims were handed out today with homeroom teachers. Each student received an interim that contains all of their grades for their schedule. Please review, sign, and return to homeroom teacher by Tuesday, February 7th.
- Next Friday, February 10th is our next Early Release day. Students will be dismissed at 11:45am. They will attend their 4 CORE classes, have lunch and then be dismissed to go home.
- We’ve had a lot students with a variety of illnesses the past few weeks. Please monitor any symptoms and if you feel your child needs to stay at home to recover/get well, we strongly encourage that. We can always get the work made up when they return to school.
- The spring PBIS Dance will be on Friday, February 17th from 2:30-4:00pm in the ECMS gym. Students who have had ISS: In School Suspension (period, lunch, or day-long) or OSS: Out of School Suspension between December 1st and February 17th may not attend. Tickets will be on sale during lunch during the week of the dance. They will be $5 or 20 PBIS tickets.
- The Science Fair has been rescheduled to take place on Wednesday, February 15th in the Media Center. Students, friends, and family are welcome to come to the Media Center from 5:00-6:00pm to view the projects and project winners.
- Lastly, we encourage both students and parents to review our teacher websites for lessons, homework, and resources. We update our websites daily and weekly.
Math 6/6+ (Mr. Hayes) – Unit 10 Coordinate Plane (including x and y axis tables) will be covered for the next 8-10 days. Notes (hardcopy) will be provided and all additional reference material is available on Canvas. Please follow my blog (through ECMS Homepage) and PowerSchool to get daily updates.
Science (Ms. Haynie) – Students will have a Unit Test on Matter on Wednesday, February 8th. They will receive their study guide in class on Monday and we will review together on Tuesday. We will start the unit on Waves on Thursday. This unit will run for the rest of 3rd quarter.
Social Studies (Mr. Miller) – We will be wrapping up our government unit with a final major test on February 14th. We will do a study guide review on Friday, February 10th. Our last unit for this quarter will be economics.
ELA (Mrs. Gilliland) – As we continue our study of Seedfolks next week, we will focus on analyzing how the author’s plot and character development. Buzz Letters are due for Cores 3 and 4 on Friday, February 10.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.
Have a great weekend!
Lauren Haynie (LHAYNIE@wcpss.net)
Chad Miller (CMILLER@wcpss.net)
Mike Hayes (MHAYES@wcpss.net)
Margaret Gilliland (MGILLILAND@wcpss.net)