Happy Wednesday, October 12th, 6-1 Families!
We just wanted to send out a couple of timely updates before our end of the week update.
- Field Trip: This is just a reminder that we will be going on our fall field trip to the Durham Life and Science museum tomorrow. Students should try to wear their ECMS spirit wear shirts or our school colors (green & white). No need to purchase any shirts. We also suggest that students bring a light jacket as we will be walking around outside for a portion of the trip. Also, those students who said they were going to bring lunch should bring disposable lunch items tomorrow (no lunch boxes, tupperware, etc.). Students may bring their devices to take pictures during the exhibit time. Device rules and expectations, as well as, all ECMS and WCPSS rules and expectations, apply on field trips as well. Any behavioral issues will be taken of with an administrative referral upon return to school.
- Saturday School: Our make-up day for missing school Monday is this Saturday, October 15th. We understand that students and families have prior obligations. Please know that attendance will be taken and students are responsible for what they miss if they are not able to attend Saturday school. Things to know about Saturday school:
- Arrival time is the same at 7:00am.
- Dismissal is at 11:00am. This is earlier than our usual Early Release days.
- WCPSS buses will be running their normal routes.
- No lunch or breakfast will be served. Students may bring a snack if they feel that they will not be able to last until 11:00am.
- Students will have all 4 of their CORE classes and their 1st elective class. Please see the attached document for the bell schedule. saturday-schedule-ecms-16_17-1st-elective
If you know now that your student will not be attending Saturday school, please let your student’s homeroom teacher know. All absences will require a note or will be otherwise unexcused. Ask your student to check-in with their teachers on Friday to get any work that they will miss or just make sure that they check the teachers’ websites to see the materials they missed.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the field trip or Saturday school.
The 6-1 Team (Haynie, Hayes, Gilliland, Miller)