Happy Thursday, June 2nd, 6-1 Families!
This is our last weekly update for the school year! We want to first thank each and every one of you for all of your support of the 6-1 team and ECMS this year. Our families have volunteered for field trips, proctoring, helped fundraise for the Food Drive in the fall and the Relay for Life a few weekends ago, you’ve donated items to various events and activities throughout the year, and you’ve been so supportive of our efforts in the classroom. We couldn’t have had the successful year we’ve had if it wasn’t for you. So thank you!
See below for some more announcements that impact students for the remainder of the school year.
We will not be providing any more updates this school year. We will be updating again in July with our new batch of 6-1 families. You will continue to get 6-1 updates next year unless you UNSUBSCRIBE to our blog.
You do not need to do anything for the Remind Texts as this year’s group will be archived and no other communication will be sent out from us.
- Celebrations: Our End of the Year Celebration Ceremony on Friday, June 3rd beginning at 12:45pm in the ECMS Auditorium. We sent home GOLD letters on Wednesday to let students and parents know that their student was getting an award. We will be recognizing: A and A/B Honor Roll for the School Year (based on Final Grades), BUG Awards (students who have brought their grade up 2 letter grades between 1st and 2nd semester), Elective/Specialist Awards (submitted by elective teachers), and GREEN awards (students who we think have represented being Global, Respectful, Encouraging, Engaging, and Never giving up). All are welcome to attend. We will have light refreshments after the ceremony. Students may be checked out after the ceremony with their homeroom teacher.
- Final Report Cards: Final report cards will be MAILED home the week after June 3rd. Once again, students will NOT receive their final report cards on June 3rd. Our school will be mailing home all final reports.
- 2016-2017 School Year: Final school assignment slips will be sent home with your student on Monday, May 2nd. If you already know your student is NOT going to attend ECMS next year, you need to contact our Data Manager, Ms. Shanthi Chundi (email@example.com) as soon as possible to give her those details. That information is needed for our allotment for next year which determines the number of teachers/staff we will be able to have. Thank you for taking care of this soon.
- Overdue Library Books: Students received pink overdue notices from our Media Center this morning. Please encourage students to locate those books and either renew or return as we approach the end of the year. This is especially important if your student is not attending ECMS next year.
- EOG Testing: It takes a lot of man power to get testing done for all tracks. If you have the time to volunteer during June to help with testing, please following the directions below:
East Cary Middle School is using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming needs for EOG Proctors. Track 2, 3, and 4 will be testing June 20 – 27. We are in need of lots of Proctors to make the testing run smoothly. To sign-up and see open spots go to http://vols.pt/kbGamo.
Proct0rs must be registered and cleared with WCPSS to volunteer in the classroom. Please come in to ECMS (or another WCPSS school) and register to be a volunteer online ASAP, if you have not already done so this school year!
SIGN UP TODAY to proctor at http://vols.pt/kbGamo! If you have any questions, please contact Julie Stern (testing coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-466-4377.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.
Lauren Haynie (E-mail: LHAYNIE@wcpss.net Twitter: @MsHaynie_ECMS)
Chad Miller (E-mail: CMILLER@wcpss.net Twitter: @ECMSMiller)
Mike Hayes (MHAYES@wcpss.net)
Margaret Gilliland (E-mail: MGILLILAND@wcpss.net Twitter: @MrsG_ECMS)